More information for students without a Social Security Number


A Federal Student Aid PIN can be used to access personal records as well as to electronically sign a FAFSA. In order to apply for a PIN, a student or parent must have a valid Social Security Number (SSN). If you do not have a valid SSN, you cannot obtain a PIN.

Without a valid SSN, you will receive a paper Student Aid Report (SAR) when your FAFSA is processed (7-10 days).

If your FAFSA is missing a signature, you or your parent may sign it by printing a signature page or signing your SAR. You must mail the signature to Federal Student Aid for processing using the mailing address on the signature page.

If you need to correct your FAFSA, you must enter corrections on your paper SAR, or contact the financial aid office at your college for assistance.

Help Print

Close Help