You must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) accurately and completely to the best of your knowledge as of the date you sign and submit it.

If you and your family have unusual circumstances that you believe are not adequately reflected on the FAFSA (for example, tuition expenses at an elementary or secondary school, medical bills or unemployment), contact the financial aid office at your college. They may ask you to document your unusual circumstances so they can consider making an adjustment to your FAFSA information.

Note: Unusual circumstances do not include a change in your marital status.