If you (and your family) have unusual circumstances that might affect your financial situation, complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and then notify the financial aid office at your college. In some cases, the financial aid office may decide to take these unusual circumstances into account and adjust your cost of attendance or the information used to calculate your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Provide the financial aid office with adequate documentation to support any unusual circumstances.

Possible examples of unusual circumstances may include: