Your browser’s cache stores the contents of all the Web pages that you have visited during a session. To safeguard your information and prevent another user from viewing what you have entered, you should clear the cache after you are finished using FAA Access to CPS Online. To clear your browser’s cache, follow the instructions below:
Internet Explorer 11 and above users:
- Select Tools, then Internet Options.
- Select the General tab at the top.
- Under Browsing History, click the Delete button.
- Click the Delete Files button next to Temporary Internet Files.
Mozilla Firefox 65 and above users:
- Select Tools.
- Select Options.
- Select the Advanced option.
- Select the Network tab.
- Click the Clear Now button.
Apple Safari 12 and above users:
- Click on Tools (the gear icon), then Reset Safari.
- Check Empty the cache and Remove all cookies, then click on Reset.
Google Chrome (most current version):
- Select the Wrench icon.
- Select History.
- Click Edit items…
- Click the Clear all browsing data… button.
- Click the Clear browsing data button.
- Click Done removing items.
Microsoft Edge 15 and above users:
- Select Settings and more (three dots icon).
- Select Settings.
- Click the Choose what to clear button under Clear browsing data.
- Check Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files, then click Clear.
Further details on your browser