Complete question 27 only if the student has a high school diploma. Click Search and follow these steps to locate the student’s high school code:
- Select the state where the school is located from the state list.
- (optional) Enter the school's name or keyword(s) of the school's name in the School Name text box. You can enter the school’s full name, or commonly accepted abbreviations or aliases for the school. For example, you can enter “Kennedy HS” for Kennedy High School, or you can use "St.," "Mt.," and "Univ" as abbreviations for "Saint," "Mount," and "University."
- (optional) Enter the city where the school is located. You may enter the full name or commonly accepted abbreviations of the city; for example, you can enter “St. Paul” for Saint Paul, or “NYC” for “New York City.” If you have selected “Foreign Country” as the state, leave this field blank.
- (optional) Choose an attribute that you want the resulting list of schools to be sorted by. Select Best Match, School Name, or City from the Sort by list. (By default, the search results are initially displayed in order by “best match” – that is, the results that most closely match the search criteria you entered are displayed at the top of the search results list.)
- Click the Next button at the lower right part of the page to search for the High School Code.
The results page will list the schools that match your entry. If you do not find the name of the school you want, try revising your search. Then, click the Next button and wait for the search to complete.
If you are searching for a foreign school’s High School Code, follow these steps:
- Select Foreign Country from the dropdown box in the State field.
- Leave the City field blank.
- Type the School Name keyword(s).
- Click Next.
If you entered the information correctly and the High School Code was still not found, enter the Student’s High School Name, City and State on the entry page without the High School Code.