Asset net worth means current value of the assets minus what is owed on those assets.
- Money in cash, savings, and checking accounts
- Investment farms
- Other investments, such as real estate (other than the home in which you live), UGMA and UTMA accounts for which you are the owner, stocks, bonds, certificates of deposit, etc.
Assets do not include:
- The home in which you live
- UGMA and UTMA accounts for which you are the custodian, but not the owner
- The value of life insurance
- Retirement plans (401[k] plans, pension funds, annuities, non-education IRAs, Keogh plans, etc.)