This is question 96 on the paper FAFSA.
Select the appropriate check box if you (or if married, your spouse) or anyone in your household received any of the following during 2011 or 2012:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Free or Reduced Price Lunch
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Check None of the above if none of these benefits were received during 2011 or 2012.
Note: Family assistance programs such as SNAP and / or TANF might have different names in your state. Also, answering this question will not reduce your eligibility for federal student aid or your eligibility for these federal benefits.